<<<Remember my INCHES black card? I made it for a challenge quite a while ago, but it kept haunting me from its box. I just could not live happily ever after, I needed to add more stuff to the card. :)
Eventually, I did, and the card turned into a Birthday card..
Still recognizable? :)
I added a strip of paper lace on the left, a sentiment, a couple of butterflies… They made me a lot happier about this card. :)
The lace strip was a little tricky, because normally the Joy!Crafts Vintage Doily Border Die 6002/0366 produces a strip with one lacy edge. Luckily I have an A4 machine and some extra A5 plates for it. They allow you to position the paper and the die in such a way, that the edge opposite to the lace remains uncut, and you can use the die again on the other side of the strip now to shape the sitting edge as lace.
I added a turquoise slightly off-set layer under the white lace to give it a little bit of a dimension. This under layer was cut with the same die but in a regular way as the stitch in the middle is hidden behind the white anyway.
The tiny roses are punched: 4 layers – 2 with petals looking upwards, 2 with petals looking downwards.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is Crafters Companion Die’sire Only Words Classiques Collection – Happy Birthday DS-C-HAPPY. Now… what can I say… I may not be buying more Die’sire dies any time soon. I like their embossing folders, but the dies… I have the Happy Birthday and the Season’s Greetings ones. Unhappy about both. Not extremely, but rather unhappy anyway. The cut out sentiments are not clearly readable, the cut edges are fringy. Probably, if you ink through the dies it will improve the readability, but inking creates a white edge so typical of very old dies. Lame.
- Joy!Crafts Cutting – Embossing Stencil 6002/0448 Squares & Circles (the fold)
- Joy!Crafts Mery’s Stencil – Basic Joy!Crafts 6002/0403 (small red squares)
- Joy!Crafts Stencil Vintage Flourishes – Corner 6003/0015 (on the white)
- Spellbinders Card Creator Borderabilities Curved Borders 2 – S5201 (the edges)
- Spellbinders A2 Borderabilities Card Creator Dies Scalloped 2 – S5-214 (inside the fold)
- Couture Creations Co723063. Art Nouveau Collection ~Swept Away~ Embossing Folder (the black background)
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0332 – Leaf 2
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0263 Branch Nr.1
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0264 Branch Nr.2
- and of course my dear favorites from Nellie Snellen FLP011 Floral Punch Set Jumbo Leaf-1 and Nellie Snellen FLP031 Floral Punch Jumbo Set Rose Leaves
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0366 Vintage Doily Border Die
- JOY!CRAFTS 6002/0405 LOVE FANTASY 3 BORDERS B
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0401 BASIC ROUND AND SCALLOPED EDGE 3X
- Marianne Design Lr0356 Creatables Tiny’s Butterflies 1
- Marianne Design Lr0357 Creatables Tiny’s Butterflies 2
- Marianne Design DF3416 Embossing Folder + Die Marrakesh
- Crafters Companion Die’sire DS-C-HAPPY Only Words Classiques Collection – Happy Birthday
- Memory Box Die – Loopy Rings 98370
Thanks for stopping by!