This radically purple Christmas card is an experiment in many ways. :)
- It’s purple :)
- The shiny embossed silver in the frame on the left is actually regular kitchen foil :) I used two layers so that it should hold the embossing better. The resulting element was too shiny compared to the rest of the card, so I tried to dim it by sanding it a little tiny bit very carefully, because it tended to tear surprisingly easily.
- The right edge of the card’s front is punched and rests against the purple background of the back of the card. That’s how it opens:
On the sentiment I used a die for embossing only.
- The picture above shows the more minimalistic design. Later I added the candles, some branches and the tiny bow. I used some fancy gift wrapping glittered plastic ribbon for the bow. It was such a pain to tie it into such a small thing! I actually had to use a bow maker! :)
- Marianne Design Lr0125 Creatables Christmas Finnish Ice Star
- Marianne Design Lr0318 Creatables Petra’s Rectangle
- Marianne Design Lr0160 Creatables Cupcake (the tiny candle)
- Marianne Design Col1363 Collectables – Jingle Bells
- Couture Creations Co723603 Embossing Folder – Sugarplum Ball
Papertake Weekly – Let It Snow!
Anything Goes With A Twist… Add Purple ……
Anything Goes at Brown Sugar Challenge
Light it Up! at Cute Card Thursday (tiny candles)
At least three die cuts at Allsorts
KERST by De Egel
Bunny Zoe’s Crafts – Sparkle
Marianne Design Divas – use at least two dies
Thanks for stopping by!