Looks like I am kind of stuck in this layout for now. My… third “foliage – left, sentiment – right” Christmas card this season. I definitely need more chocolates, or something…
I tied embossing the Marianne Design COL1393 Poinsettias with the Crealies Flower Embossing CL EF 05 thing (I cannot call it a folder, because it’s a sort of metal disk for embossing) What looks like “spots” in the photo, is actually embossed and accentuated with some chalks on the flowers. I don’t know if I am going to use this combination again, but it was interesting to try it out at least for once. :) Another example of Crealies flower embossing is here – the native Crealies Flower Embossing CL EF 03 is used on the native Crealies Creative Flowers die no.3 – CLCF03.
I like 3D elements on cards. So here is my 3D tribute:
The scroll is a real rolled-up piece, the jewels in the top right corner are rather big, and the tiny berries amidst the foliage are liquid pearls. A warning to those unaware – let liquid pearls dry for a _very_ long time. One whole night may not always be enough! I’ve had incidents when they got flat tops from being stored at home inside an envelope under quite favourable conditions!
The last but not least – the gesso stencilled Merry Christmas sentiment. The letters turned out quite dimensional once the gesso was dry.
- Marianne Design COL1393 Collectable Eline`s Poinsettia
- Marianne Design Lr0191 Creatables Lantern and Sign
- Marianne Design Lr0269 Creatables Anja’s Vintage Decoration
- Crealies Flower Embossing CL EF 05
- CraftEmotions Mask Stencil – text UK 185070/1232
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0358 – 8 Point Star
- Joy!Crafts 6003/0035 Vintage Flourishes
- Joy!Crafts 6003/0059 Vintage Flourishes Holly
- Creative Expressions Festive Collection – Winter Trees Die Set by Sue Wilson CED3041
- Creative Expressions FESTIVE COLLECTION Holly Sprays by Sue Wilson CED3013
- Creative Expressions Craft Dies By Sue Wilson – Finishing Touches – Delicate Fronds Ced1426
Sparkle, Bling & Embellish with Crafty Calendar! (Sequins, Gems, Glitter, Liquid Pearls)
Use Your Stuff – #201 – Lots of Layers
Artistic Inspirations – 145 Anything goes/ Twist of Pearls (Liquid Pearls for the berries and some more random around the card)
Scrap & Craft #15 Challenge – Shabby Chic or Vintage
Noor!DesignUK – # 12 – Anything Goes
Hobbywinkel De Egel – Kerst
Papertake Weekly Challenge – Take Your Pick (Colour theme – Red and/or Green; Technique Theme
Glitter it up)
Christmas Card Challenges #51 — Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner – #47: Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland – Add Some Sparkle and Bling (Sequins, Gems, Glitter, Liquid Pearls)
Cut It Up! – Christmas – Make it Sparkle with Sequins!
Brown Sugar – #174 – Use Pearls (Liquid Pearls for the berries and some more random around the card)
Bunny Zoe’s Crafts – Sparkle (Sequins, Gems, Glitter, Liquid Pearls)
Marianne Design Divas – use at least two dies
Thanks for stopping by!