Today’s card is in really bright colors.
I don’t know… I found this red patterned paper in my stash the other day and I just loved it. Again obviously, because the first time I liked it was when I bought it. :)
The tassels are hanging on paper “threads”. I had tried real threads of several kinds, but somehow all of them looked awkward here. So I just used my trusted guillotine to produce a thin strip of paper, added some beads and voilà.
I used some gilding paste on the flowers. First embossed them and then rubbed some paste over the embossing. Looks good, IMHO :) I like using gilding paste, it really makes otherwise simpler things look … well… a little tiny bit sophisticated? :)
Normally I would make the flowers more dimensional, but this time I had to keep them rather flat – they had a long way to travel to the birthday girl. :)
- Marianne D Creatable Tassel fringe LR0391
- Marianne D Creatable Tassel trendy LR0390
- Marianne Design Lr0192 Creatables Leaves
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0357 Stencil Rand
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0314 Noor Stencil “Border”
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0459 Oval frame with flower and leaves
- Joy! crafts 6002/0490-oval
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0385 Stencil – Roll Up Roses
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0068 -flowers
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz – Alterations Collection – Bigz Die – Garden Greens
- Nellie Snellen Nellie’s Choice Shape Die – Flowers-2 Sd045
- Crealies Creative Flowers die no.3 – CLCF03
- Crealies Flower Embossing – CL EF 01, 03, 05 etc.
- Cheery Lynn Designs DL278 Horizon Fishtail Banners
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog: Challenge 126 – Add Some Embossing
Artistic Inspirations: Challenge 156 – anything goes / twist of Use a die cut
As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Patterned or Embossed papers (And WHY) – patterned papers obviously :) In crazy, eye-poking colors and flowers to match them. :)
Crafting With Friends: Challenge 20 – anything goes
A Gem of A Challenge: New Challenge #168 “Favourite colour Combination” – I would not name some particular colors, though, I’d rather say I love combinations of bright, very bright colors!
Broken Fairy Challenge – Challenge # 1 – Anything Goes with adding Ribbon or Twine
Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: challenge 277 – Anything Goes
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges: Monthly Challenge #5 — Use Your Favorite Technique – gilding paste on embossing (flowers)
Paper Creator’s Crafts: Challenge #47 Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by!