My mixed media experiment today :)
The background is created by gesso-glueing some kitchen foil scraps onto cardstock, and watercoloring the whole thing. I was surprised it actually held together :)
I used some Creall Do&Dry modelling material and Mod Podge molds to create the butterfly and the decorative square element above the sentiment. Originally, they recommend hot glue with the molds, but having tried both, I was a lot happier with the results I got with the modelling paste.
The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed.
The MD die-cut frame is gilded with DecoArt Metallic Lustre, it makes the embossing on the frame a bit more prominent.
The flowers are all handmade. Composed of Joy!Crafts 6002/0158 Floral Flourishes Bloem 3 and Joy! Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6003/0066 Flower 5 Leaf petals.
Completed with pearls, tiny pompoms and other random stuff on it :)
- Creall Do&Dry Lightweight modelling material. Air-drying.
- Mod Podge Mod Molds
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre – Champagne Ice
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0158 Floral Flourishes Bloem 3
- Joy! Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6003/0066 Flower 5 Leaf
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Layered Leaves (MFT-399)
- Cheery Lynn Designs DL278 Horizon Fishtail Banners
- Precious Marieke – PM10060 – Flowery – Flowery Branch
- Marianne Design LR0268 Creatables Dies – Eline’s Cupboard and Frame
- Marianne Design Craftable Cr1253 Ivy corner
- Cardz 4 Galz: Challenge # 47 Add Some Texture + DT CALL
- Scr@p-Cards Challenge-Blog: Scr@p-Cards Challenge #96
- Crafty Calendar Challenge : May Challenge – ‘Flowers’
- Scrap and Craft: Scrap and Craft Inspiration Challenge #3 Hand Made Flowers
- Moving Along With The Times: 45. Butterflies
- Double D Challenges: Flowers GALORE . . .
- Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenges: Challenge #351 – backgrounds – use a background stamp or create a background
- Crafty Gals Corner: Challenge #123 ~ Add Flowers
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: Challenge #250 – Embossing
- Crafty Girlz Challenges: May Challenge – Just for Fun
Thanks for stopping by!