this card is my attempt to snap myself out of the “foliage – left, sentiment – right” layout of lately. :) It’s all about snowflakes, instead. :) There are printed and glittered snowflakes on the background paper, there are embossed snowflakes in the foreground, there are some die-cut snowflakes caught in the fir-tree …
Here the embossing, the glitter and the shine show better:
It’s interesting how you can never have too many different snowflakes in your collection. I actually had to use die-cut snowflakes from 3 (!) different sets to make this card. It’s always something – either the configuration, or the size, or the fineness of the lines…
The big bow is from Joy!Crafts. I added an extra white layer for some dimension.
Last, but not least. The card is very big. It’s actually a full A4 folded in halves. I really had to be careful with the weight. A complete with the envelope 2-stamp card cannot be heavier than 50gr. So, fair cheating employed, the green edges are… well… just edges. I made frames of about 1cm wide and used them to outline the major layers. :)
- Marianne Design LR0393 Creatable – Ice Crystals
- Marianne Design CR1335 Craftables Punch die Snowflakes
- CraftEmotions 115633/0131 Die – snow crystals
- Leane Creatief Embossing Folder “Snowflakes Background” 35.9777
- Joy!Crafts 6002/0183 Ribbons & Bows
- Cheery Lynn Designs DL278 Horizon Fishtail Banners
- Spellbinders Nestabilities 2011 Heirloom Ornament S4-334
- Scrapping Cottage Cottagecutz Vintage Bells (Cc-022) (no bells, the branch only)
Cute Card Thursday #403 – Add some glitter! (on the background red paper, on the snowflakes)
Thanks for stopping by!